Click anywhere to close this dialog

Farewell

Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I announce that I cease all development and activity in the programming universe indefinitely. My career has reached the turning point I was not expecting for at least another year, leaving me highly off guard and without laid-out plans for this hobby's continuity. I have begun a 5-year residency program in Neurosurgery which is clearly not compatible, time-wise, with programming.

I gave in all my passion for developing, and you gave me back your loyalty and trust, even when I did not deserve that much. Now it is the time for payback. I release all my present and past work as Open Source software, in the hope some talented developer will continue maintaining and expanding my vision of a modern, sleek forum software. The intrinsic flexibility of MyBB is the true hidden gem of an otherwise outdated codebase; I do hope the project can continue and be updated complying to the latest coding standards.

I hereby thank Euan, kawaii, andrewjs18, Ben, Matt, Omar G., effone, Eric J., Devilshakerz, Wildcard, JordanMussi and all the other team members I have had the opportunity to work with when I was a MyBB team member. I thank Tomm M, my mentor, who inspired me to pick up coding with his piece-of-art plugins. And finally, I thank all of you MyBBoost subscribers who have helped me getting through my toughest university years economically.

Yours sincerely, Filippo

Shade 2 Apr 2019

PUBLIC ADDRESS LOUDSPEAKER Flyover 2.0 is out

Flyover 2.0 is out. This version features a code rewrite from the ground up and has been tested thoroughly for more than 1 month before being officially released.

FIRE Library update

HybridAuth has been updated to version 3.0 RC9, the latest available, with performance and error management improvements. This is a giant leap as it marks complete independence from every providers' own SDK. Some providers have been added and some have been discontinued. Continue reading to know more.

WHITE HEAVY CHECK MARK Custom scopes

Every provider can now be tweaked individually with custom scopes. You can add or remove scopes intelligently depending on what your application needs to retrieve.

BLOSSOM New ACP panel

The ACP panel overview has been revamped with new and more intuitive graphics. It now sports an users usage statistic and a faster access to tokens as well.

PENCIL New redirect URI

The infamous redirect URI has changed towards a simpler, standardized structure. You will need to change the redirect URI of every provider's application you are currently using right after updating Flyover in the control panel.

WARNING SIGN Refer to Flyover documentation in order to build and use the new redirect URI.

Other notable changes

The following list of new features have been added:
- new providers: GitLab, Mailru, Odnoklassniki, Spotify, WeChat, Yandex;
- new data point for synchronization: language;
- Suggestion: Disabling mybb login/registration in 1.6.

Critical changes

The following list of critical changes have been applied:
- WARNING SIGN minimum requirement is now PHP 7.1;
- WARNING SIGN dropped support for accounts without an email: from 2.0, users are required to specify an email. The emailless and passwordless option has been renamed Passwordless mode;
- WARNING SIGN some providers have been discontinued: AOL, BeatsMusic, Deezer, Dropbox, LastFM, PayPal, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Vimeo, 500px;
- WARNING SIGN Microsoft has been renamed WindowsLive;
- WARNING SIGN popup mode has been discontinued due to chronic instability.

It is highly recommended to try version 2.0 on a test board before deploying it live, which is encouraged anyway. Export your tokens and perform a database dump before upgrading Flyover.

Upgrading to version 2.0

The upgrade process is straightforward:
KEYCAP 1 delete /inc/plugins/Flyover
KEYCAP 2 upload the new version maintaining the same folder structure as in the release package
KEYCAP 3 run the upgrade script when asked in the ACP
KEYCAP 4 rebuild Flyover's cache from Configuration > Flyover > Rebuild cache.

Templates and stylesheets have been changed accordingly to reflect code changes. Being a major release, lots of edits have to be made. For your convenience, a diff comparison is attached to this post in standardized git format.
Filename Size Downloads
22.25 KB 4
GXD3S likes this post

Messages In This Thread

Shade 26 Oct 2015
Shade 1 Oct 2017
Shade 3 May 2018
Shade 9 May 2018
RE: Flyover 2.0
Shade 2 Apr 2019
Shade 1 Aug 2019
Shade 5 Jan 2020