Click anywhere to close this dialog

Farewell

Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I announce that I cease all development and activity in the programming universe indefinitely. My career has reached the turning point I was not expecting for at least another year, leaving me highly off guard and without laid-out plans for this hobby's continuity. I have begun a 5-year residency program in Neurosurgery which is clearly not compatible, time-wise, with programming.

I gave in all my passion for developing, and you gave me back your loyalty and trust, even when I did not deserve that much. Now it is the time for payback. I release all my present and past work as Open Source software, in the hope some talented developer will continue maintaining and expanding my vision of a modern, sleek forum software. The intrinsic flexibility of MyBB is the true hidden gem of an otherwise outdated codebase; I do hope the project can continue and be updated complying to the latest coding standards.

I hereby thank Euan, kawaii, andrewjs18, Ben, Matt, Omar G., effone, Eric J., Devilshakerz, Wildcard, JordanMussi and all the other team members I have had the opportunity to work with when I was a MyBB team member. I thank Tomm M, my mentor, who inspired me to pick up coding with his piece-of-art plugins. And finally, I thank all of you MyBBoost subscribers who have helped me getting through my toughest university years economically.

Yours sincerely, Filippo

Shade 5 Jan 2020

PUBLIC ADDRESS LOUDSPEAKER Flyover 2.2 is out

This is a bugfix and feature release. Thanks to all reporters and users who have contributed.

FIRE HybridAuth update to 3.1.1
SQUARED NEW Suggestion: Disabling mybb login/registration in 1.6. Force operational status has been extended to cover both logging in and registering
SQUARED NEW use provider-specific custom fields to avoid overwriting profile data. Requested in Facebook profile link/url by @Enes Palit
SQUARED NEW Feature request: disable unlinking from provider
SQUARED NEW profile URL and email as new custom profile fields. Requested in Facebook profile link/url by @Enes Palit
SQUARED NEW Amazon provider. Requested in Amazon Request by @Omniscient
BUG synchronization does not occur upon registering. Reported by @Enes Palit in Facebook profile link/url
BUG synchronization options do not save upon registering
BUG "language" field is missing from the language files. Reported by @Enes Palit in Facebook profile link/url

Notable changes

The Force operational status setting has been renamed to Operational status and switched from a simple on/off button to a selectbox with several options. You can now force logging in, registering or both through social networks rather than relying on the standard login/register forms.

Upgrading to version 2.2

KEYCAP 1 delete the /flyover folder
KEYCAP 2 upload and overwrite the old files
KEYCAP 3 run the upgrade script from the Admin Control Panel when asked

This release does not change templates, but changes the only stylesheet (located in inc/plugins/Flyover/stylesheets) with minor changes to accomodate the new Amazon provider.
Enes Palit and metonator like this post

Messages In This Thread

Shade 26 Oct 2015
Shade 1 Oct 2017
Shade 3 May 2018
Shade 9 May 2018
Shade 2 Apr 2019
Shade 1 Aug 2019
RE: Flyover 2.2
Shade 5 Jan 2020
Shade 16 Apr 2020
Shade 16 Oct 2020