Click anywhere to close this dialog

Farewell

Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I announce that I cease all development and activity in the programming universe indefinitely. My career has reached the turning point I was not expecting for at least another year, leaving me highly off guard and without laid-out plans for this hobby's continuity. I have begun a 5-year residency program in Neurosurgery which is clearly not compatible, time-wise, with programming.

I gave in all my passion for developing, and you gave me back your loyalty and trust, even when I did not deserve that much. Now it is the time for payback. I release all my present and past work as Open Source software, in the hope some talented developer will continue maintaining and expanding my vision of a modern, sleek forum software. The intrinsic flexibility of MyBB is the true hidden gem of an otherwise outdated codebase; I do hope the project can continue and be updated complying to the latest coding standards.

I hereby thank Euan, kawaii, andrewjs18, Ben, Matt, Omar G., effone, Eric J., Devilshakerz, Wildcard, JordanMussi and all the other team members I have had the opportunity to work with when I was a MyBB team member. I thank Tomm M, my mentor, who inspired me to pick up coding with his piece-of-art plugins. And finally, I thank all of you MyBBoost subscribers who have helped me getting through my toughest university years economically.

Yours sincerely, Filippo

The 2017 final salute

30 Dec 2017 Edited
Hi everyone, this has been a wonderful year for me personally and also for MyBB. We are heading towards a more modern version with lots of improvements and as a Team member I will do my best to contribute building it, while helping maintainers bringing the best out of their boards by deploying even more awesome plugins.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me by either donating or buying a lifetime premium subscription. I am a med student and even the lowest amount of money helps me getting through this tremendously difficult path I'm currently walking on. I've got a total of 32 subscriptions and 2 donations in 2017, with a net income of 482,93 €. I've managed to buy 3 books and pay a month of rent! :D Thank you @SmartialArtist, @Smallo, @Glaumy, @Pololoko 125, @CarstenGG, @McGough, @alec_hs, @Sharree, @"KamikazeXeX ☣", @Eatmylol, @zyra, @karim50, @Sphinix, @Senatu polarservers.com, @Dangerous Derk Interactive, @tobza, @Nickon, @radex, @Max, @"Slaapkopamy", @HCharles, @WallBB, @kacperinjo, @Henrique, @Qwizi, @Hovatek, @GXD3S, @LielZ, @Halcon, @maxaki and @chack1172!

Looking forward to 2018 with great hope and dreams. Thanks to the recent update of FASTyle 2.3, I will manage to create a new shiny theme for MyBBoost faster than ever. I had already started this summer over a concept and cannot wait to deploy it for you; it might probably mark my landing in the MyBB premium themes world, because I will use a base theme to create beautiful ones much easier than usual!

The base theme is built upon UIKit, it'll be responsive and captivating. Here are some teasers:

[Image: QP2GU12.png]

[Image: 0V1kX6B.png]

[Image: MEVHkqG.png]

I wish you a Happy New Year and happy holidays! I will be back in mid February.

Shade
chack1172, Pololoko 125, Eldenroot like this post